RSD Certified Brake Products
Abex® RSD-certified brake products provide the safety, security and performance demanded both by leading OE brake system manufacturers and commercial and private fleets.
Keep Your Fleet on the Road... Mile After Mile
- Stops under 250’
- Vehicle validated
- FMVSS 121 compliant
- Manufactured in TS16949-certified plant
- Proprietary Abex crack-resistance technology
- Provides superior stopping power and optimum brake life
- Designed to maintain like-new braking performance
- Engineered to meet or exceed original equipment specifications
- Applies only to part numbers Abex 6297 RX and Abex 6260 RN
What you need to know about FMVSS 121 RSD
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 121 has been amended to reduce the specified stopping distance for the vast majority of heavy truck tractors by 30%.
- Requirements only apply to new truck tractors built on or after August 1, 2011
- Requirements do not apply to existing truck tractors, straight trucks, buses and trailers
- Fleets may continue to use aftermarket brake linings when replacing brakes
- Vehicle OEMs are responsible for making sure their vehicles are compliant with stopping regulations
How to Identify RSD Brakes
Three Easy Steps
1. Application - Is it a tractor?
- Yes - Go to Step 2
- No - Not RSD
2. Year - What is the manufacture date of the tractor?
- Before 8/1/2011 - Not RSD
- After 8/1/2011 - Probably RSD
- After 8/1/2013 - Definitely RSD
3. Steer Axle
- 15x4 (4702, 1308, 1443, 4729) - Not RSD
- 4720, 4715, 4719, 4725 and built after 8/1/2011 - Definitely RSD